Welcome to the online guide for parents on communication development. The purpose of this guide is to provide current information about topics related to children's speech, language, and communication development that may be helpful to parents. In this guide, you will find information on commonly asked questions.
About communication development:
- What are speech, language, and communication?
- What are some typical milestones and red flags in communication development?
- How does bilingualism affect language development?
About Speech-Language Therapy:
- What is speech-language therapy? How can it help my child?
- What can I do at home to support my child's communication development?
- What are some resources for speech-language therapy in the Bay Area?
This guide was developed by graduate students in the Communication Disorders Program at San Francisco State University in partnership with Support for Families of Children with Disabilities with funding support from San Francisco State University's Institute for Civic and and Community Engagement.